Game Idea Research

 

Game Idea Research


Now that we are here i want to talk to you about what i have decided going forward in my project. I wish to carry out and endless game for my project. 

If you did not get to see my Game Brainstorm Blog where i talked about all my ideas basically what i mean by and endless game is a game that has no end and runs on high score to make up for not having an event to look forward too. A well known example of this as mentioned before are our very own "Temple Run" and "Subway Surfer". I chose this because growing up i was a very competitive type gamer and did not really care much for beating levels and getting to the end of the game but rather pushing myself to beat high scores whether it be online or against my friends score. So i think it's only fitting i create one of my own. 

(Image from here)


The game mechanics i have thought would work great for this are the mechanics of Subway Surfer as it has all the necessary moving mechanics needed to perform the actions i would like performed in my game. 

On this website it shows us the key mechanics that make up the game and it gives us a brief description of how it operates.

To spice things up a little bit the endless game will not contain an avatar dodging trains but a Vehicle or aircraft dodging obstacles and other objects whether be on the road or in the air.

The first task we completed in unity i loved how i could move my vehicle and i started playing with it more which is what helped me see what kind of a project i wished to make.

During my research i managed to come across a website that explains in detail the progression of any video game, how to create certain things step by step and how to keep the player engaged in the game.

Check it out right here.

Comments

  1. Hi Moe I really like your idea for your game seen that you put a lot of research and time into it. Personally I really like the idea of an endless runner game as I love them growing up I play tamper on so much. I feel like these games are accessible to a wider audience and are very addicting to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what up moe i really like your game idea and i can tell that you have put in a lot of time in the research and it seems that there are alot of things that will allow your game to work so well and i can tell that it going to be so good and stand out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

My Project Prototype (First Playable)